Get Your Home Ready To Sell
Can you believe it’s already March! Spring time is quickly approaching which means home buyers will be out and about looking for their perfect home. Many families wait until mid-to-late spring to start looking at homes because they want to finish up the school year before making a move, and they want to have the summer season to get settled into their new home before the start of the next school year.
For the Possum Kingdom homebuyer, many will be coming from the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex looking for vacation home. Since this isn’t their first home purchase, they have a good idea of what they’re looking for. If you’ve been thinking about selling your Possum Kingdom Lake home, then here are 20 tips to get your home ready to sell.
- Edge, mow and fertilize the lawn. If there are sparse areas be sure to reseed.
- Trim hedges, weed lawns and flowerbeds, and prune trees. Cut back overgrown shrubbery.
- Reseal any cracks in foundation, steps, walkways, walls and patios. Power-wash the exterior and driveway.
- Clean and align gutters and downspouts; consider hiring a service to clean the chimney.
- Remove oil stains from driveway and garage. Keep walks and driveway swept or free of leaves.
- Wash the windows inside and out.
- Hire a cleaning service to thoroughly clean the interior.
- Paint the walls and ceilings a neutral color.
- Repair cracks, holes and damage to plaster, wallboard, wallpaper, paint, and tiles.
- Replace damaged windowpanes, moldings and woodwork.
- Repair drippy faucets and showerheads. Unclog slow drains.
- Shampoo carpets, scrub and wax linoleum or wood floors.
- Clean out the fireplace, consider stacking logs or arranging candles in it.
- Mend torn screens. Clean out all window tracks.
- Replace burned-out light bulbs. Use brighter light bulbs.
- Renail creaking boards or stairs; lubricate squeaking doors.
- Clean all appliances (especially refrigerator and oven).
- Replace old toilet seats and shower curtains.
- Clear all cobwebs from corners and doorways.
- Wash all light switches, handrails and doorknob.