While Memorial Day may look a little different this year, that doesn’t mean you can’t try some amazing food. This year, instead of sharing ways to make your backyard cook-out the best one ever, I’m sharing some simple recipes that can be enjoyed at home or while boating around Possum Kingdom Lake.
Watermelon Fruit Salad with cherries, blueberries and a delicious mint-lime dressing. Easy, fresh and the perfect summer side dish!
· 4 Cups Seedless Watermelon
· 2 Cups Sweet Cherries (pitted and halved)
· 1 Cup Blueberries
· 1 ½ Tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
· 1 Tbsp Light Agave Nectar
· 2 Tsp Fresh Mint
· ½ Tsp Lime Zest
1. Toss fresh fruit in a large bowl.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the lime juice, agave, mint and lime zest.
3. Pour over fruit and toss to coat. Serve right away or place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
4. Sprinkle with a little extra mint when serving, if desired.
These hot dogs are marinated in sriracha honey and grilled to a fire-kissed perfection. The best way option when it’s time to picnic.
· 7 Ball Park Park's Finest hot dogs slow smoked hickory would be best
· 1/4 cup Sriracha
· 1/4 cup honey
· 1 tsp soy sauce
· 2 cups shredded cabbage
· 1 small carrot grated
· 1 Tbsp white vinegar
· 1/2 Tbsp sugar
· 1/4 cup mayo
· 2 tbsp sour cream
· 1/2 cup halved cashews
· Salt pepper
1. For better results, cut hot dogs on a spiral so that the sauce covers and caramelizes more surface.
2. Mix sriracha, honey and soy sauce together until completely combined. Set a little bit of sauce aside to drizzle the hot dogs when ready. Place hotdogs in a bowl and mix it with sriracha mixture. Let it marinate while you get the coals ready for grilling.
3. Place hot dogs on a grill and spread a little more sauce over them. Grill until completely cooked and caramelized.
4. To make the slaw: thinly cut cabbage and shred carrot on a large grater. Mix cabbage, carrots, sugar, vinegar, mayo, sour cream, cashews, salt and pepper until completely mixed.
5. Place each hot dog on a bun. Top it off with some slaw and drizzle with a little more sriracha honey sauce. (If you want a more awesome hot dog, place two hot dogs in one bun!)
The perfect cookie to enjoy on a warm summer or spring day!
· 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
· 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
· 1/2 cup sugar
· 1/2 firmly packed brown sugar
· 1 large egg
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1 teaspoon orange extract
· 2 tablespoons orange zest
· 2 cups white chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 375.
2. Line two baking sheets with parchment or spray with cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add the egg, vanilla, orange extract, and orange zest, and mix until combined.
5. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt, and mix until just combined.
6. Fold in the chocolate chips.
7. Drop rounded scoops of dough onto the prepared pans (I used a cookie scoop to make them more uniform).
8. Bake 8-10 minutes, or until lightly browned on the bottom.
All recipes are linked to the original post.