One of the perks of being a part of the Possum Kingdom community are the events that the Chamber of Commerce puts on. Every year, there are multiple events that we can look forward to as a way to meet our neighbors and enjoy a great weekend. Coming up on October 6th and 7th is the 23rd annual Possum Fest. So before you make plans to be elsewhere, here are the top 5 reasons you should attend!
5. Live Band - No festival is complete without music! Pull out your favorite dancing shoes and come ready to boogie.
4. Vendors - Support the community by shopping with the local businesses.
3. Benefit Raffle - Purchase tickets for your chance to win a Cub Cadet zero turn mower. Proceeds from the benefit raffle will go back to the chamber to continue funding future events.
2. Auctions - Silent auction will take place on Friday and Saturday night and a live auction will take place on Saturday afternoon. Money raised from the auction will also go toward the Chamber of Commerce, allowing them to continue funding future community events.
1. Food and Drinks - The best part of Possum Fest are the cook-offs! Come ready to sample chili, ribs, brisket, pork, cobblers, possum nibble, Bloody Mary, margaritas,salsa and beans. If you want to participate in the cook-off, click here for the entry form. The form must be turned in by October 2nd.
Be sure to check out the timeline below for key event times.
Friday, October 6th
6pm: Margarita Challenge
7:15pm: Possum Nibble Challenge
8:00pm - 11:00pm: Music and Silent Auction
Saturday, October 7th
10am - 3pm: Silent Auction
11am: Bloody Mary Challenge | Salsa Challenge
12pm: Rib Challenge | Beans Challenge
1:15pm: Chili Challenge | Pork Butt Challenge
2:30pm: Brisket Challenge | Cobbler Challenge
4:00pm: Live Auction
Cooks Awards will be announced following the live auction, benefit raffle winner will be announced following the awards.